
So, tonight is the 2nd class of my cake decorating class I'm taking at Hobby Lobby! Last week we learned basic directions on preparing icing and what to expect this coming week. We're actually decorating a cake this week. I'm sure it will be pretty simple, but I'm excited to start learning stuff! My cake is in the oven as we speak, yes a yellow cake from scratch. I've always been all about baking from scratch. I guess I can blame that on my mom and grandmother's skills rubbing off on me through the years.
This really was something that spawned from the difficulty we had losing our baby in July. And now being able to do it has really given me something to keep my spirits up, striving for something, and beginning a new endeavor in my life out of a time that has been extremely painful. So I'll take pictures tonight and post later!
No comments:
Post a Comment