So here's the FANTASTIC bedding we've picked out. It's Pottery Barn Kid's "Jr. Varsity" set. We liked this set for 2 main reasons: 1. We were both heavily involved in sports our whole lives so we naturally love sports and wanted a sports-themed room for Luke. We also partially expect him to be quite athletic, as he will be one tall boy! We fully expect that full-ride scholarship to play somewhere one day. No pressure little man ;-) Just kidding. We want one thing for him, that he would grow in wisdom and stature and ultimately love the Lord more than himself, living his life daily for Jesus Christ!! We pray this daily over him.
2. We do not want a bumper. Shortly after finding out we were expecting, we saw a news story on our local station here in Houston. I've never thought much about it, but this story shed a whole new light on things. Check it out if you're interested: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story?id=4509124&page=1
This set has everything bought separately, so we don't have to ultimately end up with a bumper we don't know what to do with, which would normally come in a set.
So there it is! We can't wait to start decorating. I feel weird doing it right now at 16 weeks, so we'll wait a little while longer. Maybe around 20. I told Nate I hoped to have the nursery completed by 32 weeks. So that gives us plenty of time! We're stoked!!!
3 comments:
Love the bedding! I was convinced I was having a boy, hated all the girl bedding I saw, and had picked out a sports theme too!
And then she came :)
yeah it was difficult picking a girl theme for us too! we never settled on anything, but had the boy set picked for a long time.
So cute! I love the idea that you took something that you both loved as children and are already passing it on to Luke. He's got great parents.
The bumper article is interesting...def something to think about as we look at bedding ourselves. What color are you thinking about painting? Are you going to go with traditional blue, or do something out of the ordinary? The blue in that bedding is a really nice shade...but there's some fun red, too. Lots of options. Can't wait...now I know what to keep my eye out for in the stores :>).
Love you tons,
K
Post a Comment