Tuesday, February 26, 2013

First appointment!

Well, on Feb 21, we got to see our little one on the sonogram!!  Everything looks great!!

My appointment was scheduled for 11, so we got there a tad early.  We sat and waited for just a little while and they finally called us back!  Nate and I just chatted before, but I know we were both a tad nervous.  It's always a little anxiety-producing, getting that first ultrasound.  Up to that point, you know you're pregnant with a drug store pregnancy test, but nothing else tells you (unless you're one of those who I completely have sympathy for that get rough morning sickness). You're just waiting for a good 4 or so weeks, praying with all your might that all is well!  I think suffering a miscarriage exacerbates those feelings some.

We got the ultrasound done and the tech told us everything looked perfectly normal for where I was in my pregnancy. She dated me at 7 weeks and 4 days.  That makes my due date October 6, which is doubly special since that's my birthday!!  The doctor came in and talked for a minute or two. Then we left!

We got a few pictures to bring home with us, although they're really fuzzy and don't show a whole lot. I'm not sure she tried too hard to get a good angle, but we didn't care.  We're just so blessed and so thankful all is well.  We are praying, praying for a continued healthy pregnancy. I'm also adding to that prayer that I can carry this baby to the full 40 weeks.  I'm praying for healthy blood pressure and that all is drama free this time.  We are praying against a NICU stay this time, and that I can experience that instant bond with our little one- something I really feel I missed out on last time, since I wasn't allowed to hold him until 3 days later.  I long and yearn for the second they put him on my chest and let us have him in the room with us instantly.

Thank you Lord for great news and for the joy of carrying another gift!

1 comment:

Kati said...

Yay!!! I forgot that your due date could be on your b-day. How cool would that be???!

I'm so excited to go through our pregnancies together this time. It will be fun :-) And I will pray that you get to hold baby right away also. Such a sweet moment.