Friday, December 5, 2008

New Job!

After some long days of interviewing, I just found out I will be working for St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital of The Woodlands, TX. I am so so SO excited for this new journey, and Nate and I are anxious to move and get settled back in Houston. This has been such a blessing and has come out of some really unexpected experiences in the whole job hunt/interview process. I'll explain.

I began looking for jobs at the beginning of the semester. I know it sounds early, but the nursing world is different, and internships/preceptorships are available for new nurses. I really wanted to go this route for my career path, as they really train you and teach you, rather than getting a regular job and having them just throw you into caring for people. These things are highly competitive and they begin taking applications early on. So I applied for an OR internship at The Methodist hospital in downtown Houston. Their interview process was long and vigorous. After going to 3 separate interviews, having to spend the night in Houston at each one, I found out I got the job! Yay, right?? It seemed perfect for me and I was super excited. There was a stipulation though. They decided to inform me on that same day they offered the job, that I would have to be ok with assisting in abortions. It IS the operating room, but oh my goodness.. I never would have thought about that! Basically, I could not be hired if I didn't want to be a part of that. I couldn't deny my feelings of sadness, rejection, and actuall, utter persecution. I couldn't have a job because of my religious and moral convictions?? Wow, what are we coming to?? I had my heart set on the OR for several reasons. The hourse are amazing, it's a totally different type of care, and I had vowed in the whole process of nursing school, that I would never do something such as Med/Surg or Telemetry. Needless to say, my new job is now Med/Surg and Telemetry! In this process, God has showed me so much, and has humbled me to an extreme. My goal was to know my job by October 1. I didn't have a job until December 2. He has taught me patience and utter reliance on Him, and Him alone, for His ways are higher, and His plans are better. They are perfect!!

So all that said, I cannot wait to start my job on January 12!!! Praise the Lord!!

1 comment:

The Norvells said...

YEA!!!! I am so glad to see you on the blogging world! Ours has been seriously lacking lately with all the business, but now I have even more reasons to keep it up. So glad we have yet another way to keep in touch :>).