..that August is a healthier month around here! We kicked off July with Nate getting a pretty horrific cold virus. He then passed it to Luke, who thankfully fought it off very nicely but was a just fussy and tired. The next week I get a terrible stomach virus that hung around for a little less than 2 weeks. In the middle of this was Luke's 1st birthday that I was thankfully feeling enough up to putting the party together! By the end of that experience, (the next week) Luke started showing signs of it but didn't act like he felt bad at all! I thought it was the transition from formula to milk, and he didn't have a fever in the beginning like I did. He went about being his normal, happy self until about 5 days into it, he spiked a pretty high fever. This is the first ever experience with Luke having a fever for me, and it landed him at the Dr.'s office for the first time in his life! (for sickness). She concluded it was a stomach virus and his body just gave into it finally with the fever. Thank the Lord, he was back to normal the next day (this past Friday, making it a week long issue). But.... Nate comes home early from work Friday with his now stomach virus! Aaaaand.. it's continuing on even today! He thankfully was feeling better enough to return to work today, but good gravy, this momma is tired!
End of story.
Be nice to us, August!
2 comments:
I hope August is a much smoother and healthier month for you guys! Being sick is no fun, especially with a little one :(
I've been telling myself all summer...just make it to August! Now I see August is going to present its own challenges.
Love ya!
Yeah, it does seem that way, huh? Life is always busy, busy! love ya chick! we need a catch up phone date!
Post a Comment