Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The big 3-0

30!! (yes I'm late on this post.. as well as 14 month post)
I can't believe it, but then again I really didn't care.
I turned 30 October 6.  It was just another birthday to me. I had a way more difficult time turning 29!!  29 was a huge mope fest around here for me, but 30 I could just see excitement!

I made up a list of exciting 30 happenings. So....

30 Means to me:

1. a new decade, and I love starting new times in life!
2. being able to look forward to experiencing life from a new perspective
3. goodbye to the 20's! They're so overrated!  I say this because your 20's are a fun time, but they're also full of uncertainty, major life decisions, and an overall sense of trying to figure your life direction.  There are lots of stupid decisions that can be made (unless you're perfect and don't make bad choices) and you're just overall more immature, obviously!
4. being seen as more mature!  People tend to take you a tad more serious when you don't have that 2 in the front of your age.  Maybe it's just my imagination. :)

I look forward to being in a different mindset for this new decade. Nate and I are both established with our careers, we've begun our family and hopefully are just a tad more mature??  hehehe.. maybe.  I look forward to being able to kind of enjoy where we are in this moment.  I know as soon as we feel comfortable, the Lord tends to move us off that ledge and refine us more, daily.  I don't mean I'm happy to be coasting along, but just glad to be more settled in life, not having the uncertainty that can be more prevalent in your 20s. I'm grateful for new experiences and can't wait to see what the next 10 hold!

No comments: