So, where did the last 2 months go, since Luke turned 1?! Gosh, I feel like his 2nd birthday is just around the corner!
I'm convinced I have the sweetest, most precious little boy on Earth. He gives such sweet hugs and has really turned into a cuddle bug. He's always been on the move and his crazy-boy self, so I'm absolutely loving his hugga-bunch stage!! He chatters up a storm all the time and does this crazy crawl that totally cracks us up where makes the giant, exaggerated moves and bounces his head back and forth. Completely on purpose. We can tell him to do it and he does.. hilarious. He loves his "cat-cat" (our cat, Candy), hugs his stuffed animals, plays with rolling toys all over the house, and knows how to place objects into things. He's tall enough that he grabs things off the counter, so we're having to watch how close objects are to the edge! Crazy!! He's trying, SO HARD, to walk. Well, i guess he's trying. He goes through these bursts of walking and then just sits down to crawl the rest of the way. hehe... he'll be getting it soon, i think.
Speaking of size, we just went to his 1 yr. appointment. Yes, 2 months late.. oops.
He weighs 28 1/2 lbs and is 33 inches long.
He eats most anything, except we have to watch acidic foods with him. He gets this weird rash around his mouth when he eats oranges, tomatoes, things of the like. I don't know if this is an allergy or a sensitivity and whether he will grow out of it. I hope.. those things are so yummy! He has milk with each meal and loves is peanut butter sandwiches. Every so often I will put some whole fruit jam on it. ;) We try to limit carbs and refined sugars and grains in our house as much as possible. It's hard to fill up a toddler, though, on that type of diet. So he gets sandwhiches, pasta, crackers n such and LOVES his bread products..lol. Who doesn't, though?!
Last weekend we had the privilege of going to the Texas A&M season opener against the Florida Gators as their first game entrance into the SEC conference! Man it has been A&M fever in our house the last few months in anticipation of all the cool stuff going on there, so we thought we just HAD to go to the game. SO glad we did- it was an absolute blast! That school truly is amazing- it has so much tradition and unity among the school. I'm glad and proud to have graduated from nursing school from there, and that my hubby is the Fightin' Texas Aggie class of 05! Poor Luke doesn't even have a chance for other options..hehe. J/K... he is being very well indoctrinated already, though. We dressed him in his very own jersey for the occassion.
That's about it around here! Both of our big 3-0's are coming up in the next few weeks. I'm totally cool with it.. Nate on the other hand is not. More about that in another post!




No comments:
Post a Comment