Tuesday, March 1, 2011

19 weeks?!

Whoa! My mom asked me yesterday if I was going to be 17 weeks this week. Tomorrow I will have finished my 19th week and beginning the 20th! Hehe, i think it's going by fast for everyone! I'm so ready for our big ultrasound on March 14.

Nate and I were able to get a lot accomplished this weekend! We nailed down child care for Luke when he gets here. We're so thankful my mom will be watching him the 2 days a week that I work. We also found this great place that has cheap day rates if we ever needed a place for him to go. It's a Christian daycare, and while the word daycare is hard for me to swallow, I'm thankful to know we have a back up place that will also let him make some other friends and develop some social skills at the same time! Right now, we don't even have to think about that, so we're happy and thankful.

We registered at Babies R Us and Target. While I knew it would be easy to get overwhelmed and prepared myself for that, I still got overwhelmed! SO many options! But we got most everything we need on there i believe with the exception of a few things I'm sure we'll add along the way.

We also bought our crib! We've been searching for quite awhile to find the right crib that we want without going overboard on the price, right color, conversion crib, sturdy and not going to fall apart in 1 year! Believe it or not, it's hard to find all of those desires without going over budget. But we did! We were also afraid, because most of the options we were looking at were online only. So we would be buying blind, based only on customer reviews. While registering, we saw one on display that we were able to look at in person and feel. We fell in love with it, but not for the price! So we were wondering about going over on our intended budget. Well, on Sunday, we were looking at cribs online, comparing to the one we wanted some others that were cheaper and when visiting the website on the one we wanted, it was suddenly on sale...for $70 cheaper than the original price which bumped it under our intended budget! We thought it was meant to be and jumped on it! So we went out and bought it and I also had several gift cards as well to apply to this final cost. We were so excited that we only had to pay less than half of the original price!! Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't express how excited for yall I am :) LOVE YOU girl!

The Norvells said...

Beautiful crib! We picked very similar styles.....cause we have awesome taste. Can't wait to see it in person :>).

Kati said...

Congrats on registering! That crib looks like ours :) Love the dark wood.

Can you believe you're almost halfway through?!