Monday, March 28, 2011

Man, I feel like a (new) woman!!

Friday, I broke down and went shopping??? Yes! Crazy, I know... especially for those of you who know me and my beef with shopping. Granted, it was an all day affair of disappointment and discouragement at most times, but there were a few bright moments where I actually bought something! I needed something for a wedding we were attending the next day, so that was my main priority. Nate took me back the next day and encouraged me to get the other things that were on the maybe list. So Saturday we went back and got a few more things that will totally make life SO much easier!

It's crazy how bad you can feel about yourself and your well-being when you don't have clothes that fit. It's not just that they don't fit, because I'm still able to make some things "work", but it doesn't flatter anything and it just looks bad. On top of that, I needed a new bra in a horrible way, which was wreaking havoc on my shoulders. So, the pain associated with that was causing lots of trouble. So we fixed that problem as well!

Added with the new clothes, I got a haircut!! Whew, a much needed one, too.

I think my main problem with fashion is my inability to spend money. I absolutely hate it and feel much better about being frugal and making due with the clothes that are already hanging in my closet. Same goes with the hair situation. I can always "make do" rather than having the guilt associated with spending money. I'll take looking less "fashionable" over spending the money to do so. But all the while, I'm more and more frustrated with my options, eventually leading to a massive meltdown. heh heh.. yeah, not usually my finest moments.

I have the most amazing husband. How many ppl have husbands who actually encourage them to spend money on themselves?? I do! I never talked to him about it, until I broke down in tears Saturday morning over all of this nonsense. He gently talked me down and encouraged me to spend the money on the things I SO needed. So, he took me to the store and helped me pick out more clothes. He's now my very own personal shopper, btw!! (little does he know..hehe)

All in all, MAN I feel so much better! I'm thankful to be able to do that when we need to. We had a great time at the wedding, and I didn't feel one bit self-conscious or frumpy! yay!!

4 comments:

Kati said...

Ah, that's great! But I need to see a pic of the new hair and clothes :) I got a few new things around my b-day and yes, it does help having things that not only fit but flatter. I'm looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks! Right?

The Norvells said...

yes I agree....pic of the haircut please!
And as far as the clothes go...Lauren...did you think you weren't going to have to buy clothes as your belly grew!!! Silly girl :>).But I'm glad you got some things you feel confident in. I know your height always makes shopping a challenge for you, so I'm glad you could find some things that fit. My one complaint about maternity wear...why do ALL the shirts have to tie around the back? That's annoying.
Pics, please. Pics pics pics!

The Young's said...

One of these next few days when i actually am dressed up and not in lounge clothes or scrubs, i'll take a pic! Yes, Karen I knew I would have to buy clothes, I just choose to put it off, because I know how it always goes with me. I put it off too long and then had a meltdown over it..lol.

Kati, yes!! I'll see you in a few weeks!!!

Kati said...

Tie in the back shirts. Yes. Because in addition to having a bump in the front, we really want to have a knot stabbing us in the back whenever we sit in a chair.