Tuesday, June 21, 2011

35 and counting

Yeah, i don't have much to say this time, accept that I get to start a new week tomorrow! Just finished my 35th week and start week 36. So ready for these next few weeks to be over- hoping it all goes fast!

I have a church baby shower tonight, and that will be the last one! This weekend we plan to complete everything...EVERYTHING dealing with all the stuff we need for his arrival. We're also going to squeeze in an Astro's game as well as try and go to Kemah Friday night. We didn't get to go last weekend- Nate got a nasty stomach bug. So we'll see how this weekend goes- busy, busy!!

So, I already talked to Karen about this, but anyone else experience all-over aching? Muscle aching, like you're getting the flu? I think I'm just generally exhausted all the time, so that's probably more of it than anything. Just wondering. :)

Something else I have noticed in the last week or 2 are his movements definitely seeming much more human-like. Not that they weren't before, but they were mainly big punches and kickes, some squirming. Now it just seems like really big movements, like a giant arm, or an actual leg moving. Probably doesn't make sense, but you momma's know what I mean. His movements have taken on a new level of painful, too...haha. Sweet little guy- we can't wait. :)

2 comments:

The Norvells said...

Gosh, Lauren! 36 weeks...I can't believe how close you are. It really could be any day now. I just had a friend from church who was due at the end of the month deliver at 36 weeks. She went into labor naturally...no induction. So you never know. I can certainly relate to the movement feelings. The last few weeks, after my sonogram and I knew his position, I could tell what was a food, knee, arm, etc. My right ribs were constantly sore from feet and knees. But I forgive him now, cause he's just so cute. Love you!

The Young's said...

i know!! isn't it crazy?? A friend of mine had her first at 37 weeks this past February. It's weird to think about, and also a little intimidating. We've quite a few things that need to be done before he gets here ;) Not to mention getting close to the actual birth process. Kinda scary, but it makes me feel SO much better that you've done it, already, and came through so well! I'm praying the same for us! Love you!! We need a phone date, my friend. :)