I'm not quite sure what happened to Spring, but it left Memorial Day weekend. Since then we've had multiple days reaching at least 100. We had a record 2 days in a row of 105. Not too comfortable for this pregnant lady!! My feet and hands are feeling the heat as well- I get some pretty nice swelling if I don't stay hydrated.
On top of the heat, the grass and trees are so parched. Things all around the Houston area are dying or well on their way to that point. I learned we haven't had significant rain since August of last year. And since October of last year, we have received the equivalent amount of rain as the Sahara Desert!! What?? That's so insane to me! We live in such a tropical city, it's really hard to believe. I told Nate I don't remember the last time we had several days of soaking rain like we're used to seeing around here on occasion. I really don't even remember the last time we had 1 day of rain showers. It definitely is a prayer request. We need the rain SO bad. I've even tried washing my car to provoke it. ;) But, no luck! :) The next 10 days are scorchers and no rain in sight.
I think I'm actually glad it's hurricane season. That might sound crazy, but it seems to be the only chance we have to get some good rain around here. I'm not talking a Hurricane Ike or anything, but a nice little tropical depression would be great! Of course God is bigger than our concerns and will provide in the right time. So we're praying!! Water restrictions are soon to come, apparently.
I had a doc appointment today. Luke's heartbeat sounds great! He's moving, rolling, punching, and kicking organs like a champ! We got to meet one of my closest friend's new baby, Calvin, this past weekend! What a precious little guy. We've gone through most of our pregnancy together, so now that she's holding her son makes me all the more excited for ours!! I just can't wait to see what he looks like. What color hair, his eyes, if he looks like me or Nate, or a mixture of us both? God is so amazing. I'm so thankful for the gift He has given us in Luke.
I've gained 4 lbs since the last doc appointment 2 weeks ago. Yikes! Now weighing more than I ever have in my entire life!! haha.. I look forward to the challenge of getting things back together once little man is here! 6 more weeks!!!
1 comment:
Yes...rain is a necessity even here in the metroplex. While we've had some soakers, it's all happened so quickly that it doesn't stick like we need it to.
And about the weight...I gained a total of 36, most of it between weeks 28 and the end, so don't worry too much about it. I lost 10 in my hospital stay alone, and the few times I've been on the scale since I got home the numbers have gone consistently down. It really does fall off like people say. Plus, you and I have healthy lifestyles anyways...we're not eating big macs every day, so you'll have an easy time.
Almost there!
Post a Comment