So, today we got some interesting news! The last few days my blood pressure at home has been a little on the high side. I have finicky BP to begin with, so of course I keep an eye on it at home. My at home reading is the accurate reading, so for it to be high kinda raises some eyebrows. :) I've also been feeling it, so that's kind of a difference.
Knowing my appointment was today, we waited to bring it up then. We first had a sonogram. So for the fun news!!
Our little (big) man is 36.6 weeks today weighing a whopping 7 lbs, 10 oz. already. They said if I carried him to term, he would be in the low 9.0 lb range, and if a week late, closer to 10 lbs..hahahahaha. That just makes me laugh, thinking about laboring that little guy. I'm 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Yay!! Her numbers measured him more like 38 weeks at this point, but again, these are all sonograms measurements.
So with that in mind, and my blood pressure, the doctor is thinking of inducing next week! Yes, next week! Am i nervous? Quite. I wasn't really prepared for that in my mind, still thinking we have 3 weeks left. With my BP being weird at times, I knew it was always a possibility, but I never counted on it. Just held the assumption of carrying him at least to 40 weeks. So, I'm not quite ready mentally. I'm sure it's being a little blocked by my concern of induction, and it also being 2 weeks early. If she does this next week, he'll be 38 weeks, so not a premie or anything. It just still makes me nervous that he isn't quite ready and that maybe there is other intervention we can do, first? I have a 24 hr. urine collection I will do Thursday and am going back to the doctor Friday for another blood pressure check and discussion of how to proceed. :)
I basically am asking for prayer from the very few people who read this thing..hehe. Prayer that God's will be ultimately done, and that I have a supernatural peace about that outcome. I am very not at peace right now, so I need this. This is another little test of control for me, and learning to give it up. I will be attempting to work tomorrow. I have strict orders to go home if my blood pressure is up, so it will likely be my last day and am starting my maternity leave week early.(if this happens next week, of course) Didn't want to do that, either! haha. So yes, a major test in letting go of control and learning that I can't manipulate the situation to be what I want it to be! God's plan is perfect.
We are so blessed that this week he is term! We made it! And he's nice and big, and strong in the doctor's words. I will definitely keep things updated. I know I promised pictures, but the sonogram pics were SO not clear. So, not much to look at. He has some CHUBBY cheeks, though! hehehe.. can't wait to see them in person.
1 comment:
Hey!
You're progressing...this is good news! When I reached this point I wasn't dialated or effaced at all. So, even if you do have to induce, it sounds like your body is on it's way there anyway. Who knows, you might go back on Fri and be 3 cm and ready to be admitted! I know the feelings of nto wanting to be induced, but you're focusing on the fact that HE MADE IT(!!!) and that's the good thing. I'll call you soon so we can chat. We just got back from the mall (I finally broke down and bought some postpardum clothes...gotta have something to cover my butt) and I need a nap. Love you...woo hoo..progress!
Post a Comment