I've been away from blogging for AWHILE! Man! Yesterday my sweet baby turned 2 months which is absolutely incredible. I really can't believe how fast time flies. I remember being home with him the very first day by myself thinking how looooong I got to be with him at home. 10 weeks seemed like such a long time!! Hehehe...it's so funny how time flies.
Luke can already hold his head up. It's still a tad wobbly at times, but he needs very little help! The doctor said he is ahead of his developmental milestone... way to go little man! I've learned what his "bored" cry is. If you can imagine a sheep just yelling out one, short "Baaah", and then nothing more? That's it. He's started doing this more and more, and after trying many other options to cure his boredome, I finally figured he wants to stand! I don't blame him for being tired of laying around all the time. We will hold him up on our legs and he literally holds his weight up! He just needs our arms there to stabilize him, bc of course he has no balance. This is one strong baby, people!! I can't say I'm surprised since he would lift his head up off the bed in the NICU...lol. Mom says I'll have the first 6 month old walking baby. We will see.
He smiles on purpose now! This was conquered at 7 weeks. It was so awesome to see him transition from that "almost.. I really want to smile but can't yet", to the real smile! Priceless!! I'll upload some pictures here later. He's making some pretty crazy sounds, too. I'm loving his ability to be more communicative. We're still not expert parents yet and probably never will be. We still are learning him and trying to figure him out. I hear the 3 month mark is a major turn in their responsiveness and the manner of routine being set. I'm anxious to see what this next month holds!!

1 comment:
Lauren, YAY! It only gets better! But enjoy each month along the way too because you will miss each time period :)
Don't worry about becoming experts; no one is. You just seek advice + go with your mommy gut and you'll do great.
Let's catch up soon!
Post a Comment