In our house, we have a "tradition" of birthday week. I didn't grow up this way, but it always seemed that our birthday was celebrated over the course of a few days by the time friends and family were all included. So after we got married, we kinda started celebrating it the entire week. It was more my idea I believe and over the last 4 years, it kinda stuck! So Nate's birthday is tomorrow. We started celebrating this past weekend with dinner Friday night, a movie Saturday afternoon, and Nate's parent's took us out yesterday.
I have to work tonight and Friday night (boo), but all other days are open for whatever Nate wants! I just think it's fun! Birthdays happen once a year, so why not have fun for multiple days ;)
Speaking of work, yes I start back this week. I've been off for 12 weeks now! I took 2 off before Luke got here, so sadly I didn't get the entire 12 weeks WITH him. It's ok, though. I tend to have problems anticipating events that happen and look forward to just getting them over with! I'm ready to cross over into our new lifestyle, already! The anticipation kills me. I just can't believe how fast the time went. I cherish those weeks and am so thankful I have a way that I can be home with him during the day every day. We'll see how it goes, as I've never worked a night shift in my life!! It's only at most, 2 nights a week.
Luke is smiling up a storm! It's priceless. He brings so much joy in our home. I just love watching him grow and change, although it does make me a little sad at times, too. It's just crazy how fast he grows!
He just had his 2 month check-up, so here are his stats:
1 Month: 10 lb, 6 oz. 22 3/4 inches. 75th percentile weight, 95th percentile height
2 Month: 13 lb, 6 oz. 24 3/4 inches. 85th percentile weight, (his height was over the norm!) He was also SUCH a trooper with his vaccines!
Way to grow big man!!
1 comment:
Birthday week sounds like a good idea to me :) Is one day really enough?
It's insane how fast these babies grow. We have to enjoy every minute!
Post a Comment