Tuesday, June 14, 2011

34 weeks

Tomorrow, i'll finish week 34 and will get to start week 35! 6 weeks left (until my due date)!! Things are still seeming to go by pretty fast. Nate and I have a LOT we still need/want to do before then, so I'm glad we have those things to keep our minds busy. I'm already getting ancy and anxious to be at that point, so the less time I have to sit and twiddle my thumbs, the better.

This weekend we're driving down to the coast Friday night for a fun evening of dinner and fireworks over Galveston Bay. We aren't taking a pre-baby trip, so we decided to do several fun things throughout the rest of our time while it's just the two of us. We have an Astros game planned as well, for the end of this month. Not sure what else as of yet, but I'm sure other activities will be added. We have a lot of organization stuff that needs to be done inside the house, so I'm looking forward to getting a handle on those things as well.

We have another doctor appointment in 2 weeks and then the appointments will be switched to weekly. I will be 36 weeks at that point. She said she'll do an ultrasound at my 37 week appointment. I'm so ready to see his little picture, again! I'm sure it will be totally different than the one we had 13 weeks ago. Man, time flies! She also said she lets her mommas go up to 41 weeks before she discusses induction, if they haven't gone into labor at that point. I'm totally ok with that, although I know it will be hard going passed my due date. I really don't want to be induced, and don't want to go crazy before 40 weeks. I've seen lots of people get really crazy starting at 37 weeks, that it's time for the baby to come. I'm going to try my hardest not to do the same.. there are still 3 weeks left for him to develop, and I don't want to rush things, either physically (by earlier induction) or in my mind. So I'm asking for accountability! If I start getting nutso after 37 weeks, just because he is "term", tell me to cool it! I'm not letting myself get crazy until I've reached my actual due date. Just a personal conviction of mine. ;)

Other than that.. just moving right along! Taking each week at a time, and thankful for each week of healthy development!!

1 comment:

The Norvells said...

I'll hold you accountable, but I also won't look down on you if you get anxious and your discomfort causes you to want things to move quicker. I, too, felt the way you did but quickly recanted when I was tired of the discomfort. The anticipation gets to you, and you just want it to be over.
I'm so glad your health and blood pressure is holding out and that you are continuing to have a strong and healthy pregnancy. I can't wait to make a trip to H-town and meet Luke.