Friday, May 13, 2011

29 weeks and go!!

Yeppers, I'm starting my 30th week this week. Yippee, skippy!! So glad to see that 3 in front of the number, because that means we're SOOOO almost there. I am so so so ready to meet my little man. It has nothing to do with pregnancy. I'm loving this journey, and I absolutely love being pregnant. I just want to hold this little guy that causes such a ruckus inside me! Oh man, he's so precious already. What a blessing. We have prayed so hard for this baby and his life. Our baby journey started around Thanksgiving of 2009, so it's hugely exciting!!

In other news, I passed the 3 hour glucose test! I'm so happy about this. I knew the Lord would sustain me and lift me up during that time if I did in fact have GD, but I can't say I was looking forward to the possibility of having to adjust to a diabetic lifestyle. I'm thankful that He is gracious and I won't have to fret over that need for an oreo blizzard that pregnant women in their 3rd trimester get. Man, how spoiled am I?? That test was awful, though. The drink was double the amount of glucose they put in the doctor's office drink. Grossness. Can't say I was a fan of the 4 separate blood draws either, but hey, it's all good. Thankfully I'm not squeamish about that stuff- guess I wouldn't be a nurse if I was! Hey!! Here's a shout out for NURSE'S WEEK this week!! whoop!

I have the sweetest kitty on the planet. Here she is...


We're going to here tonight...

and I can't wait!! Score on the $10 off coupon I found on my iphone app. I knew this phone was worth it ;). And no worrying about the carbs, either. I'm going to carb overload and will love every minute of it!!

1 comment:

The Norvells said...

so glad to hear that you passed your glucose test! enjoy every last carb and gram of sugar! 10 more weeks of guilt free eating, right?
Miss you!