Tuesday, May 31, 2011

the BEST weekend!

This past weekend my brother and sis-in-law, and nephew Noah came into town. It was Bobby's birthday, their 5 year anniversary, Memorial Day, and my baby shower. Whew! It was crazy busy. Brooke and Jenn were also able to come which was extra special. (Karen, we missed you, and can't wait for tomorrow when Calvin makes his debut!) The baby shower was absolutely incredible. I seriously have never been to a baby shower that had that many presents everywhere. I was blown away by the blessing of my friends and family and still am! Nate and I had such a blast putting everything away, looking at all the new, fun stuff for our little man, and just enjoying each other as we prepare!

32 weeks tomorrow, 8 months!! I will have to say last night I got a little emotional thinking about our lives changing. As happy and excited as I am, I'm a little nervous as well. I know things are going to change, literally overnight. Nate and I have been together for over 4 years now, and we know life with the 2 of us and our adorable Candy-cat. I've always gotten a little emotional over life changes. It's just me. :) I think the reality of everything setting in is happening- starting with all the baby stuff we have sitting around the house now, and the showers beginning. It's so crazy! Today, I feel a little more relaxed about it all. I have a work shower this Friday night, so that will be awesome!

Had a great doc appointment, today. I'm looking forward to when the next ultrasound will be happening. I think my doc said around 36 weeks, so we'll see!

1 comment:

The Norvells said...

Wish I could have been there, but so so so glad you had a good time and were blessed. I get emotional over the changes too, but I know once they happen it will seem like it has always been the three of us.Love you!